Clinical trials are an essential part of the development of new interventions and tests that may improve your health care, alleviate the symptoms of your disease or condition or improve the health care of others.
- What is a clinical trial?
- Phases of clinical trials
- How clinical trials work
- Who can be part of a clinical trial?
- What happens when a trial is complete?
- Why be part of a clinical trial
- Potential benefits and potential risks
- Clinical trials and children
- How to be part of a clinical trial
- Informed consent
- Questions to ask
- Leaving a trial
- How to find a clinical trial
Find a clinical trial website
Search for clinical trial registries, organisations, research networks, coordinating hubs and support groups by specific disease or condition.
Consumer guide to clinical trials
The Consumers Health Forum have developed a factsheet about clinical trials.
Questions to ask
Need help with questions to ask if you're thinking about being part of a clinical trial?
Download the Questions to Ask Fact Sheet (PDF, 253KB) and take it with you.