Clinical Trials - A Patient's Journey
This story follows the journey of a patient, her specialist and the clinical trial researcher during a clinical trial.
Information for Consumers
Clinical trials are an essential part of the development of new interventions and tests that may improve your health care, alleviate the symptoms of your disease or condition or improve the health care of others.
What is a clinical trial?
How clinical trials test new treatments to find better ways to prevent, detect or treat disease.
- What is a clinical trial?
- Phases of clinical trials
- How clinical trials work
- Who can be part of a clinical trial?
- What happens when a trial is complete?
Why be part of a clinical trial?
Helping yourself and others being part of improving health care for everyone.
- Why be part of a clinical trial?
- Potential benefits and potential risks
- Clinical trials and children
How to be part of a clinical trial
Who to talk to and how to find a trial.
How to find a clinical trial
What to do if you have a concern about a clinical trial
For more information regarding clinical trials, you may wish to:
- Read the Consumer Guide to Clinical Trials (PDF, 266KB)
- Watch the eLearning Modules for an overview of the nature and importance of the clinical trials environment and approval process in Australia.